Dear friends, miniature painters and friends of the hobby in general!
We invite you to our 14th annual Black Queen Hobby and Miniature Painting Competition!
In 2020 we have some changes in the format of the Black Queen Hobby and Miniature Painting Competition. So what is new and what remains the same?
First, it will again be held over two days.
Second, it will be a part of the bigger UMS Agram event - Exhibition of Miniatures and Tabletop Terrain „Agram“ so the dates change to Feb 29 – Mar 1.
Third, extra protection for your entries and exhibits that will be exhibited in our new glass cabinets.
Fourth, four two-hour painting workshops.
Fifth, painting booths equipped with paints, brushes, lamps.1. Black Queen Hobby and Miniature Painting Competition
As mentioned above, the Black Queen will be held on Feb 29 – Mar 01 2020 in the Vladimir Horvat Gallery, ZZTK, Trg žrtava fašizma 14, 10.000 Zagreb, Croatia and will be a part of a much bigger event, our annual Exhibition of Miniatures and Tabletop Terrain „Agram“. The Exhibition itself will be open for three weeks form Feb 20 until Mar 08 2020. At the new venue we will be able to provide glass display cases for all the entries (at least reasonably sized ones). The Black Queen will be divided in two parts: competition and exhibition. In order to participate in the exhibition part of the event, you will need to enter at least one category of the competition part. Also, if you wish to participate in the exhibition part of the Black Queen, pre-registration is obligatory.
Here is a quick run down through categories at this year's event:
1. Single Miniature (any 28-35mm single miniature)
2. Mounted and Large Miniature (mounted or large miniatures in 28-35mm scale)
3. Unit / Squad (unit of 5+ minis (28-35mm), or exceptionally 3+ minis (trolls, ogres etc))
4. Masterclass (our most prestigious category, anything goes as long as it's a single entry. Previous Masterclass winners can not compete in the first three categories.)
5. Diorama / Duel (self explanatory, two or more minis locked in combat or in any other interaction on a single base (no limit to the size of the base, if you can bring it, we'll display it!))
6. Open (anything that isn't covered in the categories above – primarily reserved for dragons, monsters, warmachines, but also scenery etc)
7. Bust (busts of any size can go in here)
8. BEST OF SHOW (this is a new category which will be sponsored by UMS „Agram“. All of the entries will be judged by our own Ana Polanšćak and the best entry will be awarded a special prize!)
Full Rulespack can be found at: http://www.ums-agram.hr/app/webroot/dokumenti/BQ20.pdf 2. Painting Workshops
The layout of the venue at the Vladimir Horvat Gallery makes it possible to hold several workshops throughout the weekend. Therefore, there will be two two-hour workshops on Saturday after the official opening of the competition and two two-hour ones on Sunday before the awards ceremony. The themes of the workshops and the names of the tutors will be announced at a later date. We wanted to provide as many workshops to all the visitors, competitiors and miniature painters so we decided not to hold several workshops at the same time.3. Painting Booths
Besides the workshops, we will provide several painting booths so the visitors and competitiors can paint some minis at the event as well! The booths will be equipped with acrylic paints, brushes, lamps and other tools needed to fully enjoy our hobby. All you need to do is bring your unpainted miniatures.
4. Exhibition of Miniatures and Tabletop Terrain „Agram“
The Black Queen Hobby and Miniature Painting Competition will be held as a part of a larger club event, Exhibition of Miniatures and Tabletop Terrain „Agram“ so all the visitors and competitiors will be able to take a look at 17 years of UMS Agram history. In the glass cabinets, there will be numerous miniatures and tabletop scenery made and painted by our members and attendees of our Terrain and Miniature Painting Workshops.PRE-REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
The pre-registrations will be open until 1st of February ! You will be able to register at the event, but the pre-registrations will help us speed up the process (and remember, if you wish to partake in the exhibition part of the Black Queen, the pre-registration is obligatory). Pre-registration may be sent via:
- snail mail at: UMS "Agram" Frankopanska 4 HR-10000, Zagreb CROATIA
- e-mail: email@example.com
Pre-registration must include the name of the participant(s), contact e-mail or GSM number (please let us know if you are vegetarian or have any special requests regarding lunch), filled entry form for the Competition and the number of exhibits for the Exhibition if you plan to exhibit as well.
See you in February!
5th overall - Iron Painter 2015
Random Schmuck - Iron Painter 2015
2nd place Open category Infamy Miniatures 2013 @ Wamp
2nd place Wyrd 2013 @ Wamp
5th overall Iron Painter VIII
Gift of Gab - Iron Painter VIII
3rd place Rotten Harvest 2011
Agram Arena Summer 2012
Agram Arena Summer 2007 & 2009 & 2011